Thursday, February 2

Rejoice! For I am filled with joy....

I feel an entirely unexpected degree of happiness. I can't explain it, but will now try: McDonalds has admitted it is in trouble in the UK! Hoorah. They say that sales in the UK are dragging down their overall performance in Europe. Well done UK I say! Apparently their 'offering' here is tired and lacking. I'll say! In my usual over-excited way I am hoping that this means the end of McDonalds here. It's not just that their food is appalling, and tasteless, it's not just that their staff would make the staff from Somerfield look positively professional (well in West Berks anyway), and it's not just the implications of their foul 'offering' on the health of our children but it's this fucking thing:

I can not begin to tell you how happy the thought that the horrible yellow 'M' and their crass restaurant designs may be about to disappear makes me. I know it's a long shot, but I can dream can't I, and I know I don't have to go into their restaurants, but that bloody M is unavoidable, and a livid scar on the face of many a charming High St.
Let's keep not buying their stuff (and, while I'm at it, doesn't that bagle in the latest ad look inedible?), and hasten their departure.


i'm loathin it

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

language! there might be children present

however, I am in full agreement with your sentiment; it is literally years since I had a McD, but I had the misopportunity to eat a BigMac on Monday

absolutely revolting

I thought it was me being a food snob, having forgotten my teenage roots; but now you have confirmed it for me

it was truly revolting, wasn't it?

thank you for confirming what, in my middle age, I was ashamed to admit to myself: I am too old to eat in the place

the Beep said...

it's not an age thing is it?! I hope not. I feel like I'm stepping intot some awful retro 70's disco inferrno every time I enter a McD ... something I had to do a lot a year or so ago. And the food is inedible too. It has NOTHING going for it. It can leave now.

Anonymous said...

Out, out, foul food fastnesses!
How excellent to be a drag on their performance. What an achievement. Down with the big m and all their cardboard and glue food.
And the horrible yellow things too, of course.

Anonymous said...

sorry about that.

the Beep said...

sorry about what MIG?

Anonymous said...

I quite liked the Big Tasty. It was big and it was tasty. But they discontinued it.

Anonymous said...

The thing I really hate Maccy D's for is buying out Pret A Manger. So I had to stop going there too.

Bastards.

(Avoiding McDonald's is pretty easy when you're veggie)

the Beep said...

looks like they may be going to unload Pret. Maybe you can grace them once again....