Friday, February 3

It's cold


Yesterday I went to collect my son from his mum's. She lives on top of a hill, at about 700 feet. Climbing the hill to her village you get a good view across the side of the escarpment and could see the frost line. It was late in the afternoon, but the air was so cold that the hoar frost had persisted all day. I used to live in the same village and miss the extremes of weather it gets. As I was fond of saying, "another 200' up and we'd be able to claim hill farming relief subsidy". If we'd had a farm of course. Here's that frost, in colour, on a bit of cow parsley in North Hampshire yesterday at about 4:30 pm, and a general view along Wayfarer's Walk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cow parsley (not to eat, obviously)

word ver: cwpzly

Anonymous said...

No no no, see, cold is bad, m'kay? Say it with me:

Cold is BAD

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures Beep, but they're very small.

the Beep said...

I'll big up for you Mig.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou. I thought I'd love the Wayfarer's walk if I could see it properly :)